Subject: MSI Cerius2 Workshops in January

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 05:00:00 -0500

Molecular Simulations Inc. will be holding four workshops involving Cerius2 
during the month of January. These workshops will be held in San Diego, CA, 
and in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.

In San Diego, the workshops will be held at the San Diego Supercomputer 
Center. On January 9-10, the "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences 
Workshop" will be offered.  This course provides an overview of molecular 
modeling techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2.  The 
workshop will focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will 
explore various modules in the areas of rational-drug design, 
structure-based drug design, and combinatorial chemistry. Prior modeling 
experience is not assumed making this course a great place to learn 
molecular modeling with Cerius2.

On January 11-12, the "Combinatorial Chemistry" workshop will be offered. 
This workshop is an introduction to library design and analysis in 
combinatorial techniques using the Cerius2 interface. Attendees should 
possess knowledge of basic UNIX commands and have a basic understanding of 
QSAR theory. Familiarity with the Cerius2 environment is required for 
attendance to this workshop.  Both prerequisites can be met by attending 
the introductory workshop.

In Research Triangle Park, NC, at the North Carolina Supercomputing Center, 
the "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences Workshop" will be offered 
again on January 16-17. Also, on January 18-19, the "Small Molecule and 
Drug Design with Cerius2" workshop will be offered. This workshop is aimed 
at our customers in the pharmaceutical industry and who are involved in 
drug design and who would like to make more effective use of modeling in 
their research. The course will focus on QSAR techniques and methodologies 
as well as structure-based drug design.  Familiarity with the Cerius2 
environment is required for attendance to this workshop.

Fees for each 2-day course are $1000 commercial, $500 government, and $400 
academic. However, register for both courses at one location and receive a 
25% discount for the second course.

Further detailed information about this and other MSI training workshops, 
as well as on-line course registration, can be found at MSI's website 
(http://www.msi.com/about/events/training). Please do not hesitate to 
contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Jeffrey L. Nauss
858-799-5555

Chris Arzt
858-799-5340

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Customer Training Programs	Fax: (858) 458-0136
Molecular Simulations Inc.	E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.msi.com/about/events/training
San Diego, CA 92121-3752