Subject: Crystal structure and XYZ coordinates

From: Sergei Tretiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2001 17:53:53 -0500 (EST)

Dear Netters:

Suppose I have cell parameters and would like to
build a piece of crystal and save Cartesian coordinates
of atoms that will be inside of sphere (ellipsoid, cube,
etc.) with given radius.

What software (free or commercial) could do that? (Easy to
use, options, good visualization capability would be preferences).

Thanks in advance for a kind consideration of this request.
Have a great 2001!

 Best regards,

 Sergei

.-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
|\  / \ |               Sergei Tretiak                          | / \  /|
|.\/...\|.......................................................|/...\/.|
| Theoretical Division        | Voice: (505) 667-8351                   |
| Mail stop B262              | Fax:   (505) 665-4063                   |
| Los Alamos National Lab     | E-mail: [email-masked]  | 
| Los Alamos, NM 87545        |         [email-masked]  |
|    Homepage: http://markov.chem.rochester.edu/serg/welcome.html       |
|_______________________________________________________________________|