Subject: questions----------

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:04:25 -0500

Hello All,

I have a three questions I need help with.

1) A couple of my associates and I are currently in the process of
developing a QSTR model capable of predicting quantitative estimates for
carcinogenic potency. We have come across a few citations on such work, but
nothing concrete. Could you please provide us with more references,
information on any existing models, or give suggestions as to how we may
proceed.

2) We are also interested in developing models capable of predicting
mechanism of action, particularly via the p450 enzyme class. I know some
work has been done in this area, but not very extensive. If we can get more
information on this topic, we would greatly appreciate it.

3) I am also looking for more information on the "Computational Methods in
Toxicology" workshop that was held in Dayton, Ohio in April 1998. In
particular, I am interested in a presentation titled "Expert computer
systems for toxicity and metabolism prediction" by Dr. Nigel Greene. If
this presenter is listed on the CCL Listserv, a message from you would be
much appreciated.

4) We are looking to send several employees to a well organized QSAR/QSTR
training course. Are there any such training courses available in the North
American Continent? Our emphasis is mainly in QSAR / QSTR modeling which
will aid us in predicting human health related endpoints and augment the
risk assessment process.

Thank you all in advance for your responses. E-mail address can be found at
the bottom of this message.

Chandrika

Chandrika J. Moudgal
National Center for Environmental Assessment, US EPA
26 W. Martin Luther King Dr., ML 117
Cincinnati, OH 45268
Phone: 513-569-7078
Fax: 513-569-7475
e-mail: [email-masked]