Subject: 01.07.23 Int. Conf: Appl. Stat. Phys.-ASTATPHYS 2001 in Cancun, MX

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:46:08 -0500 (EST)

From: Yosadara Ruiz-Morales <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 01.07.23 Int. Conf: Appl. Stat. Phys.-ASTATPHYS 2001 in Cancun, Mexico

First International Conference on  Applied Statistical

Physics: Molecular Engineering (ASTATPHYS-MEX- 2001)

July 23-27, 2001 in Cancun, Mexico

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear Colleague:

It is my pleasure to invite you to attend/or contribute with an oral
 or poster presentation to the "First International Conference on
Applied Statistical Physics: Molecular Engineering (ASTATPHYS-MEX-
2001)", which will be held in Cancun, Mexico on July 23-27, 2001.

The aim of the Conference is to gather applied and basic scientists
interested in the design and understanding of nano-structures,  nano-
circuits and gene-delivery. Applications to catalysis,  electronics
and gene-therapy are particularly sought.

The Conference topics will be: molecular catalysis, nano-tubes and
fullerenes, nano-structures, nano-circuits microlithography,
supramolecular materials, polymers, gene-delivery, self assembling,
confined complex fluids, ionic channels, dynamics of confined fluids,
 phase transitions and layered materials.

The application forms, registration fees, accommodation, and more and
 complete information about the conference can be found in our web
page:

http://www.aspm2001.com.mx 

The following colleagues have, in principle, accepted to give an
Invited Lecture in ASTATPHYS-MEX-2001:

M. Boudart, Stanford U.; M. El-Sayed, Georgia Inst. of Technology; B.
  Korgel, U. of Texas; R. L. Whetten, Georgia Inst. of Technology; P.
  Jena, Virginia Commonwealth U.; W. M. Gelbart, UCLA; N.S.
Templeton,   Baylor College of Chemistry; M.E. Davis, Caltech, and D.
Henderson,   Brigham Young U, R. A. van Santen, Eindhoven University
of   Technology, Netherlands.

The excellent facilities of the Marriott Casamagna and the Sheraton
and Westin Hotels in Cancun  together with the turquoise-blue beaches
 of the Mexican Caribbean will offer an excellent natural frame to
all  of the conference activities.

If you have any question please contact:

Dr. Felipe Guevara

[email-masked]

Conference assistant

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Marcelo Lozada-Cassou

Conference Chairman

Director Molecular Simulation Program,

Mexican Petroleum Institute and

Physics Professor, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana

INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE:  Gustavo Chapela, IMP, Miguel
Jose Yacaman, University of Texas, at  Austin, Jose Luis Gazquez,
UAM, Mexico, Ferid Rachdi, Montpellier  University, France , Rudi
Podgornik, NIH, USA, Lorenzo Martinez, IMP,  Mexico, Christian Holm,
Max Planck Inst., FRG, Juan Murgich, IVIC,  Venezuela, Isaac
Hernandez- CINVESTAV, Mexico, George Jackson,  Imperial College of
Science&Technology, UK, Douglas Henderson, B.Y.U,  USA, Magdaleno
Medina Noyola, UASLP, Mexico, Miguel Rubi, University  of Barcelona,
Spain, Jose Manuel Dominguez, IMP, Mexico, Andres  Alfonso Gutierrez,
 CNR, Mexico, Leo Degreve, Universidade de Sao  Paulo, Brazil, Nikola
 Batina, UAM, Mexico, Mariano López de Haro,  UNAM, Mexico, Jesus
Dorantes, UASLP, Mexico, Carlos  Lira, IMP, Mexico, Jose Segobia,
CINVESTAV, Mexico, Enrique Gonzalez  Tovar, UAM, Mexico, Alberto
Robledo, UNAM, México, Felipe Guevara,  IMP, México, Claudio Mota,
UFRJ, Brazil, Roque Hidalgo, Universidad  de Granada, Spain.

The support of the Mexican Petroleum Institute, Metropolitan
Autonomous University, Consejo Nacional para la Ciencia y la
Tecnología (CONACYT), Silicon Graphics Incorporated (SGI), México
is gratefully acknowledged.