Subject: Re: CCL:Autodock on Microsoft Windows platform

From: Mikael Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:33:09 +0200 (EET)

Hello Roger and All!

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Roger Hull wrote:

> Has anyone tried compiling Autodock for Microsoft Windows (NT, 98, 2000,
> etc.) ? (Or do you know of anyone who has ?) I have been looking at
> doing so for Autodock version 3 using UWIN (a UNIX emulator for
> Windows).

Yes, I did compile Autodock 3.0.5 for Windows (98) using djgpp,
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/ , almost without (additional) problems.
IIRC the only thing that had to be changed was to remove the file lock
code. I did this as I wanted to see if a core dump I got was system
specific.

The scripts in the Autodock package however use a whole range of
different shells, which might make their transfer to windows quite
cumbersome.

Have a nice day,
    Mikael Johansson
    University of Helsinki
    Department of Chemistry
    http://www.chem.helsinki.fi/