Subject: 01.03.27 MSI Customer Training Workshops on Catalyst

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 04:31:00 -0500

The week before the 221st American Chemical Society National meeting, 
Molecular Simulations Inc. will be holding a pair of 2-day workshops at the 
San Diego Supercomputer Center, San Diego, CA.  These workshops will 
involve the Catalyst user interface.

On March 27-28, the "Introduction to Catalyst Workshop" will be 
presented.  This workshop is intended to introduce customers to 
pharmacophore generation and to the Catalyst user interface. No prior 
experience with molecular modeling is needed. The workshop begins with the 
basics of the Catalyst interface and builds to simple pharmacophore 
generation, selection of training sets, and three-dimensional database 
searching.

The "Advanced Pharmacophore and 3D Database Searching Techniques Workshop" 
will be presented on March 29-30.  This workshop is for advanced users who 
are interested in how to best exploit the most useful features within 
Catalyst.  Methods used within Catalyst for automatic hypothesis generation 
and manual hypothesis construction will be discussed.  Optimization of 
training sets and database searching will be covered as well.  Successful 
strategies and techniques to take advantage of these methods will also be 
presented

These workshops are to provide attendees with the Catalyst-eye view of the 
structure-activity world that is necessary to best exploit its most useful 
features.  Lectures presenting the methodologies and examples of their 
application to solve real-world problems will be followed by 
hands-on/discussion periods during which attendees can work though 
tutorials or discuss their own work with experts from MSI.

Attendees should possess knowledge of basic UNIX commands and have a basic 
understanding of QSAR theory.  Attendees for the advanced workshop should 
have either experience with Catalyst or have completed the "Introduction to 
Catalyst Workshop."

Fees for the 2-day course are $1000 commercial, $500 government, and $400 
academic.  Register for both workshops and receive a 25% discount on the 
second workshop.

Further detailed information about this and other MSI training workshops, 
as well as on-line course registration, can be found at MSI's website 
(http://www.msi.com/about/events/training).  Please do not hesitate to 
contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

				Jeffrey L. Nauss
				858-799-5555

				Chris Arzt
				858-799-5340

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Customer Training Programs	Fax: (858) 458-0136
Molecular Simulations Inc.	E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.msi.com/about/events/training
San Diego, CA 92121-3752