Subject: CCL:Modelling of DNA-Protein interaction

From: Alessandro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:35:46 +0100

Dear cclers,

I am looking for some good reviews about DNA-Protein interaction, both
on modelling and calculations.
Despite some experiences on protein studies, I have no idea on DNA
problems... so pratical suggestion on this topics are gratefully
accepted, too.

This is a "first look"  search, just for getting an idea of the state of
the art, so every good information could be useful.

Thanks a lot.

Ale

---

From: uccatvm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:05:56 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Alessandro,
> the art, so every good information could be useful.

The following two papers contain some information on DNA-protein complexes:

"Hydration of DNA: take 2", H.M. Berman, Current Opin. Struct. Biol. 4, 
345-350 (1994)

"Weakly Bound Clusters of Biological Interest", C. Desfrancois, S. Carles 
and P.J. Schermann, Chem. Rev. 100, 3943-3962 (2000) (paragraph 4.3)

Best wishes,

Tanja
-- 
  ====================================================================
     Tanja van Mourik                                                
     Royal Society University Research Fellow
     Chemistry Department 
     University College London    phone:    +44 (0)20-7679-4663      
     20 Gordon Street             e-mail:   work: [email-masked] 
     London WC1H 0AJ, UK                    home: [email-masked]     

     http://www.chem.ucl.ac.uk/people/vanmourik/index.html
  ====================================================================