Subject: Announce: Ghemical 0.40

From: Geoff Hutchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:13:42 -0600 (CST)

Ghemical version 0.40 Release Announcement
------------------------------------------

Ghemical is a molecular modelling software package with GNOME and GLUT
front-ends and some nice 3D-visualization tools. It can do all-atoms
molecular mechanics and dynamics, with an experimental Tripos-like
parameter set. It can also be used as a graphical front-end for the
quantum chemistry program MPQC. Ghemical is written in C++, and hopefully
offers a good framework for a generic freeware molecular modelling tool.

Ghemical uses the OELib/Babel C++ framework for import and export of a
range of chemical file formats.

As the version number indicates, Ghemical is still very much in
development, though it is already quite usable. Feedback and
suggestions are very welcome. The program is made available under the GNU
GPL and is free software.

For more information (and screenshots) of Ghemical, see the Ghemical
homepage:
<http://www.uku.fi/~thassine/ghemical/>
To download Ghemical 0.40 (current only in source form):
<http://www.uku.fi/~thassine/ghemical/download.html>
For more information on the Open Eye Scientific OELib library:
<http://www.eyesopen.com/oelib.html>

--
-Geoff Hutchison
<[email-masked]>
Northwestern Chemistry