Subject: WebMO: WWW-based interface to Gaussian, GAMESS, MOPAC

From: "William F. Polik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:43:40 -0500

WebMO version 2.1 has been officially released and is available for FREE 
download at
     http://www.webmo.net

WebMO is a web-based interface to popular computational chemistry programs 
including Gaussian, MOPAC, and GAMESS.  WebMO permits users to build 3-D 
molecular structures, submit multiple jobs, monitor job progress, and view 
text and graphical results all from within a standard web-browser.  WebMO 
has a very fast learning curve for novices, yet offers total control over 
every job for experts.  A tour of screenshots and a working demo are 
available at the WebMO website.

WebMO features include:
   * Entirely web-based (no software or plug-ins to install on clients)
   * True 3-D molecular editor for building input structures
   * Built-in support for Gaussian 94/98, GAMESS, MOPAC 6/7
   * Automatic parsing of output files for calculated properties
   * Vibrational mode and partial charge visualization
   * IR and NMR spectra visualization
   * Job queuing, monitoring, and control
   * Web-based administration of user accounts, time limits, job control, etc.

For a detailed list of features, system requirements, screenshots, a 
working demo, download information, installation and upgrade instructions, 
and general support information, visit the WebMO homepage at
      http://www.webmo.net

In addition, the WebMO website has support material of general interest to 
the computational chemistry community, including
   * Detailed Gaussian, GAMESS, and MOPAC installation instructions
   * East-to-follow Red Hat Linux installation instructions
   * Computational chemistry course lecture notes and exercises
which are available at
      http://www.webmo.net/support
      http://www.webmo.net/curriculum

Enjoy!

The WebMO Team