Subject: Two CATL Symposia of Interest to COMP

From: [email-masked] (Lisa Boffa)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:25:57 -0500

Dear COMP list members,

Two excellent upcoming symposia are to be run through the Catalysis &
Surface Science Secretariat that did not appear in the recent C&E News call
for papers.  Both may be of interest to COMP members, as participants as
well as attendees.  The first (Chicago, Fall 2001) features homogeneous
catalysis as practiced in the petroleum industry (including
polymerization), while the second (Orlando, Spring 2002) focuses on
biocatalysis in industrial processes.

Please contact the symposium organizers as listed below if you have
interest in participating in (or funding!!) these symposia.  OASYS for
Chicago will be opening in a few weeks, and submissions for the homogeneous
catalysis symposium can be carried out via the CATL program link.

CATL PROGRAM CALL FOR CHICAGO, FALL 2001:  Homogeneous Catalysis in the
Petroleum and Petrochemical Industry (cosponsored INOR, PETR, ).  Christian
P. Mehnert, ExxonMobil Research & Eng., Corporate Strategic Research, Route
22 East, LB 294, Annandale, NJ  08801-0998; Ph  (908) 730-3657, Fax (908)
730-3198, [email-masked]; John H. Hartwig, Department of Chemistry, Yale
University, P.O. Box 208107, New Haven, CT  06520-8107; Ph  (203) 432-3917,
Fax (203) 432-6144, [email-masked]

CATL PROGRAM CALL FOR ORLANDO, SPRING 2002:  Applications of Biocatalysis
to Industrial Based Processes. Scott F. Mitchell, DuPont Terathane_
Products, Experimental Station, Building 402/4315, Wilmington, DE 19880,
FAX: (302) 695-1590, Ph: (302) 695-1742, email:
[email-masked]; Eric P. Wasserman, Union Carbide
Corporation, Polymers R&D, P. O. Box 670, Bound Brook, NJ 08805, FAX:
(732) 563-5123, Ph:  (732) 563-6056, email:  [email-masked]

Additionally, I would like to remind all ACS members that ACS symposia can
be organized directly through the Catalysis Secretariat if the topic is
broad enough that the participation of at least two (preferably three)
technical divisions would enrich the program.  Nonmember divisions CAN
participate in the activities of CATL.  Since we do not have a membership
list, preprints, or a divisional newsletter, we find it rather difficult to
publicize this fact.  If anyone has potential interest in organizing
symposia directly through CATL, please contact me (as well as your
divisional program chair) with any proposed topics.  We are currently
seeking symposia for the 2002 ACS national meetings and beyond.

Regards,

Lisa S. Boffa
2001 CATL Secretary-General

____________________________________________________________________________
Dr. Lisa S. Boffa * ExxonMobil Corporate Strategic Research * (908) 730-2240
   Route 22E, Annandale, NJ 08801 * [email-masked] * Fax (908) 730-2536

Regret for the things we've done can be tempered by time;  It is regret for
     the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris
____________________________________________________________________________