Subject: Qmol: Molecular viewer for Windows

From: "J. D. Gans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:04:57 -0500

Qmol is a OpenGL based program for viewing molecular structures and
animating molecular trajectories. It runs under Windows 95/98/NT/00 and
supports the following features:

(*) Generate AVI movies from a molecular trajectory. 
(*) Print to any Windows supported printer (at the resolution of the
printer!) and copy images to the Windows clip board. 
(*) Display wire frame, stick figure, ball and stick, point and
space-filling molecular structures from a PDB file. 
(*) Animate molecular trajectories stored in the DCD file format (both
big- and little-endian). 
(*) Kabsch rotate all structures in a trajectory against the initial
structure. 
(*) Interactively measure bond lengths, bond angles and torsion angles. 
(*) Dynamically adjust user selected torsion angles. 
(*) Display atom labels. 
(*) Display coordinate axis. 
(*) Dynamic modification of the color scheme (including
color-by-element, color-by-atom-number, color-by-temperature and
color-by-occupancy). 
(*) Dynamic lighting. 
(*) Adjust atomic radii (including radii-by-temperature and
radii-by-occupancy). 

The source code and binary executable are freely available from

http://lancelot.bio.cornell.edu/jason/qmol.html

Jason Gans
Shalloway Lab
Department of Molecular Biology & Genetics
Cornell University