Subject: MSI Advanced Customer Training Workshops in Houston, Texas, May 15-18

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 07:51:00 -0500

Molecular Simulations Inc. will be holding a pair of 2-day workshops at the 
University of Houston, Houston, Texas, May 15-18.  These are advanced 
workshops for InsightII users.

On May 15-16, the "Homology-Based Protein Design" training will be offered. 
This workshop is relevant to any of our customers who are interested in 
predicting protein structure and who would like to make more effective use 
of modeling in their work. During the two-day workshop, the process of 
producing a three-dimensional model from an amino acid sequence will be 
covered step-by-step.  Both manual and automatic methodologies will be 
discussed.  Prerequisites for this course are the "Introduction to Life 
Science Modeling with InsightII" workshop or extensive experience with 
InsightII.

Following the homology workshop will be the "Structure-Based Drug design in 
InsightII Workshop" on May 17-18.  This workshop is for advanced users who 
are interested in docking, structure-based ligand design, conformer 
generation, and molecular comparison techniques in the Insight II user 
interface environment. The focus for the workshop is on receptor based 
analysis of ligand binding and interactions using force field techniques 
rather than high-throughput screening.

Fees for each 2-day course are $1000 commercial, $500 government, and $400 
academic.  However, register for both courses and receive a 25% discount 
for the second course.

Further detailed information about this and other MSI training workshops, 
as well as on-line course registration, can be found at MSI's website 
(http://www.msi.com/about/events/training).  Please do not hesitate to 
contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

                                 Jeffrey L. Nauss
                                 858-799-5555

                 Chris Arzt
                                 858-799-5340

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Customer Training Programs	Fax: (858) 458-0136
Molecular Simulations Inc.	E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.msi.com/about/events/training
San Diego, CA 92121-3752