Subject: Re: Orthographics projections in VMD

From: John Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:17:39 -0600

Hi,
  We just got back from presenting a paper on some of our recent
VMD work at Siggraph I3D, so we missed this topic while we were
out of town.  Anyway, we are working on improving the renderer
export code in VMD so that it can produce orthographic views in
POV-Ray, Raster3D, Tachyon, and other programs.  There is some
tricky stuff we have to unravel to make this work well, but I'm
hoping we'll get this in one of the upcoming beta versions soon.  

Thanks for using VMD!
  John Stone
  [email-masked]

-- 
NIH Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
Email: [email-masked]                 Phone: 217-244-3349              
  WWW: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/      Fax: 217-244-6078