Subject: setup a cluster and avoid g98 error link 9999

From: "Fan Jianmiao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:16:34 +0800 (CST)

Dear CCLers:

     I want to get some help on how to establish a cluster and how to avoid 
the error of gaussian 98 link 9999.

     Our lab needs a cluster running gaussian to get a better calculating 
envirement. But we haven't enough money, we want to buy some PC and form a 
small cluster. But now I don't know the price of Gaussian in parallel(can it 
sell to china?) and whether there is any other programs needed. Currently we 
have buy four PCs(each is equipted with 2 processors of pIII933 and 768M
SDRAM) and a network switcher. But I haven't installed any software for 
paralleling yet. I wonder, how shall I make up the system?

     Another problem is how to avoid the error of g98 link 9999. This error
is very common in our work. Usually we change the iop parameter, but it works
not alwaysly. We found if the start geometry is not very good then maybe this 
problem will be conquered. And if the start geometry is similler to the finial
, it will not come to a normail termination then. Why?  Puzzling problem!
I often saw this infomation on my screen:
" Error termination request processed by link 9999.
  Error termination via Lnk1e in /usr/g98/l9999.exe.
  Job cpu time:  1 days  1 hours 39 minutes  8.0 seconds.
  File lengths (MBytes):  RWF=  824 Int=    0 D2E=    0 Chk=    7 Scr=    1"

What shall I do after I failed changing the iop parameter?If the geometry should
not be wrong, how can I manage to overcome it?

    If there's anyone can give me some suggestion or comments on it, I would 
be very appreciated. 

    Thanks for all in advance.
With My Best Regards,

Sincerely yours,
Jim Fan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fan Jianmiao(Jim_Fan)
Department of Chemistry
East Campus,USTC
Hefei,Anhui,230026,P.R.China

Tel:86-551-3654322(dorm) E-Mail:[email-masked]
    86-551-3606640(lab)  Http://mail.ustc.edu.cn/~fan/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
_____________________________________________
���ݣ���������.Web��ʼע�ᣬ180Ԫ/�꣬���ж�Ӧ���������ȣ�
link: http://cn.tf?263b