Subject: required a software to view the metal centre of a protein.

From: "chinmoy ranjan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:26:09 +0530

Dear CCLers,
 I am trying to see the exact architecture of active site of a protein . 
Could any one tell me any software or tool (preferably free )through 
which I could view the exact metal centre of the protein. I tried to 
edit the PDB file and view the metal centre using rasmol but without 
much success.
 Thanks in advance.
CHINMOY RANJAN
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
KANPUR

---

From: Mihaly Mezei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:43:01 -0500

Greetings,

The program Ligplot from the Thorton lab prepares a nice schematic drawing
in 2D showing the protein environment of a ligand (reading the info from a
PDB file). 

The URL I have (it is olda - may have been changed) is
http://www.biochem.ucl.ac.uk/~mcdonald/

Mihaly Mezei, Dept. of Physiology & Biophysics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
           Voice: (212) 241-2186     Fax: (212) 860-3369|
                 WWW: http://
 adsr13.mssm.edu/domains/dept/facultyInfo.epl?objname=physbio&user=mezeim01