From: adriana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 00:29:33 -0300

Dear CCL's
I would very much appreciate receiving some help on how to perform
"splitting scratch files across disks", while using Gaussian 98 on UNIX
system.
Specifically, I do not understand  how a value of  (-1) for the last
segment works, since I have tried it thinking that it would use all the
remaining available space and found out, however, that only 2050MB were
used for the last segment when the available disk space was 18GB.
As an alternative, I have tried splitting into smaller segments but the
program recognizes only about 73 characters. Thus, the input was 
%rwf=/3/1,1850MB,/3/2,1850MB,/3/3,1850MB,/3/4,1850MB,/3/5,1850MB,/3/6,1850MB
,/3/,7,1850MB,/3/8,1850MB,/3/9,1850MB
%mem=630MB
%chk=f3clf3y.chk  
#T MP2/6-31G(d) Opt(CalcFC,TS)  minpop nosymm

but the output was

%rwf=/3/1,1850MB,/3/2,1850MB,/3/3,1850MB,/3/4,1850MB,/3/5,1850MB,/3/6,1850MB
,/3/
 %mem=630MB
 %chk=f3clf3y.chk
 --------------------------------------------
 #T MP2/6-31G(d) Opt(CalcFC,TS) minpop nosymm
 --------------------------------------------

What can I do ????             

Thank you very much in advance for your answers which I will eventually
summarize.