Subject: MOLEKEL: New Release

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 09:25:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear Computational Chemists

CSCS (http://www.cscs.ch) is proud to announce the release of
MOLEKEL version 4.1.

Improvements compared to version 4.0beta are:

- bugs fixed as far as reported to date
- display of dipole moment as an arrow implemented
- image export significantly improved:
  - inlimited image size (larger than screen)
  - image size can be set explicitly
  - automatic export of a series of images of a frequency animation or 
    a series of structures to produce a movie or GIF animation with an
    external program
  - JPEG file format added

MOLEKEL is an interactive molecular graphics program to visualize molecular and
electronic structure data from a number of electronic structure program outputs 
(Gaussian, Gamess, ADF...) as well as from XYZ and PDB files.
MOLEKEL is able to render the molecular structure in different styles, display
orbitals, electron densities, map and color code properties on any surface,
display and animate vibrational normal modes, animate a sequence of coordinates
and produces great graphics...

Look and see!

More information, a precompiled binary for SGI, SUN, LINUX systems and
WINDOWS PC's and detailed documentation is available from
http://www.cscs.ch/molekel/.

Best regards

Stefan Portmann