Subject: compilation error on G98

From: Sérgio Emanuel Galembeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:52:05 -0300

Dear G98 gurus,

    I am trying to install G98 Rev A.7 in an athlon 800MHz with RedHat 7.1
and pgf77, but I had a compilation error in a C routine:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
uname -a
Linux athlon 2.4.2-2 #1 Sun Apr 8 20:41:30 EDT 2001 i686 unknown

make -f ../bsd/g98.make JUNK1=JUNK mdutil.o
cc -g -I/usr/g98 -I/usr/g98s -DGAUSS_PAR -DGAUSS_THPAR  -DDEFMAXSHL=20000 -D
DEFMAXATM=20000 -DDEFMAXNZ=20000 -DDEFNVDIM=257 -DDEFARCREC=1024 -DMERGE_LOO
PS -DUSE_ESSL -D_I386_ -DLITTLE_END -DUSING_F2C -DDEFMAXIOP=100 -DDEFMAXCHR=
1024 -DDEFLMAX=13 -DDEFN3MIN=10 -DDEFMAXHEV=2000 -DDEFCACHE=64 -DDEFMAXLECP=
10 -DDEFMAXFUNIT=5 -DDEFMAXFFILE=10000 -DDEFMAXFPS=1300 -DDEFMAXINFO=200 -DD
EFMAXOP=120 -DDEFMAXTIT=100 -DDEFMAXRTE=4000 -DDEFMAXOV=500 -D_ALIGN_CORE_ -
DCA1_DGEMM -DCA2_DGEMM -DCAB_DGEMM -DLV_DSP -DO_BKSPEF -DDEFMXTS=1500 -DDEFM
XBAS=500 -DDEFMXOPT=50 -DDEFMXBOND=12 -DDEFMXSPH=250 -DDEFMXINV=1500   -mali
gn-double -m486 -fexpensive-optimizations -O3 -ffast-math -funroll-loops  -c
bsd/mdutil.c
bsd/mdutil.c: In function `etime_':
bsd/mdutil.c:2319: `CLK_TCK' undeclared (first use in this function)
bsd/mdutil.c:2319: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
bsd/mdutil.c:2319: for each function it appears in.)
bsd/mdutil.c: In function `fdate_':
bsd/mdutil.c:2332: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
make: *** [mdutil.o] Error 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

        Thank you for any advice,

                        Best regards,

                                        Sergio

==============================================================
Sergio Emanuel Galembeck
Assistant Professor in Physical Chemistry
Laboratório de Modelagem Molecular
Departamento de Química
Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciências e Letras de Ribeirão Preto
Universidade de São Paulo
Av Bandeirantes, 3900
Ribeirão Preto, SP
Brasil

phone: +55-16-602-37-65
fax: +55-16-633-81-51
e-mail: [email-masked]
==============================================================