Subject: Vega V1.2 on Linux

From: "Kristy L. Mardis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:37:24 -0700

Has anyone compiled Vega 1.2 on a Linux machine (Redhat 7.0) using gcc
or cc?  The executable I downloaded works, but I need to make some
changes to the source code and recompile.  Unfortunately, even without
any changes, the compilations fails with the following error message:

In file included from ../pk_z.c:17:
../Z32/Z32.h:44: parse error before `char_type'
../Z32/Z32.h:44: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../Z32/Z32.h:62: parse error before `u_short'
../Z32/Z32.h:62: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../Z32/Z32.h:79: parse error before `zs_buf'
../Z32/Z32.h:79: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../Z32/Z32.h:88: parse error before `char_type'
../Z32/Z32.h:88: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../Z32/Z32.h:88: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../Z32/Z32.h:92: parse error before `zs_gbuf'
../Z32/Z32.h:92: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../Z32/Z32.h:93: parse error before `}'
../Z32/Z32.h:93: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../Z32/Z32.h:94: parse error before `}'
../Z32/Z32.h:94: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../Z32/Z32.h:95: parse error before `}'
../Z32/Z32.h:95: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../Z32/Z32.h:104: parse error before `*'
../Z32/Z32.h:111: parse error before `*'
../Z32/Z32.h:119: parse error before `*'
../Z32/Z32.h:119: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../Z32/Z32.h:126: parse error before `*'
../Z32/Z32.h:133: parse error before `*'
../pk_z.c:32: parse error before `*'
../pk_z.c: In function `Z_DepackFile':
../pk_z.c:43: `FI' undeclared (first use in this function)
../pk_z.c:43: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../pk_z.c:43: for each function it appears in.)
../pk_z.c:45: parse error before `short'
../pk_z.c:50: `Ret' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [pk_z.o] Error 1

If anyone has already worked this problem out, I'd appreciate any help
you might offer.

Thanks,

Kristy L. Mardis
Pacific Lutheran University