Subject: ANNC: Parallel Jaguar available on Linux and all other supported platforms

From: George Vacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:27:55 -0700

Schrödinger, Inc. is pleased to announce that Jaguar 4.1 now runs in
parallel on all supported platforms for both shared-memory
architectures and distributed clusters.

Schrödinger has always sought to give Jaguar the best available
performance for ab initio quantum chemistry.  Over the past year,
Schrödinger has worked closely with hardware vendors to improve that
performance with the implementation of efficient parallel algorithms.
Parallel Jaguar is now available for:
* SGI IRIX,
* IBM AIX,
* HP-UX,
* Compaq Tru64,
* SunOS, and
* Intel-compatible Linux PCs.

Parallel Jaguar requires Message Passing Interface (MPI, or MPICH for
Linux) in order to run.  Jaguar will run on:
* shared-memory architectures in symmetric multiprocessing  (SMP)
mode, or
* distributed nodes and clusters, such as IBM SP2 or Beowulf.

In addition to the new parallel platforms, Jaguar 4.1 is integrated
with the Maestro interface, which makes it convenient to build and
modify structures.  The addition of the Universal Force Field (UFF)
makes it easy to clean up built or imported structures before
submitting them to Jaguar.  The Maestro interface also makes it easier
to integrate your research projects between Jaguar and other
Schrödinger products.  For instance, one can use MacroModel’s
conformational searching capability and send the resulting low-energy
conformers to Jaguar for fast and efficient geometry optimization.
Also, all Schrödinger products now run from a single, top-level
directory, streamlining systems management.

Please visit http://www.schrodinger.com/ for more information about or
to order Parallel Jaguar and all of Schrödinger’s other computational
chemistry products.