Subject: Converting X/Motif GUIs to Java

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 15:39:39 -0500

Hello --

We are in the process of converting a number of X/Motif GUIs (some of which
are quite large) into Java.  We have made substantial progress by "manual"
re-writing but we wonder if any of the CCL members are aware of software
which would accomplish the re-write "automatically."

We are already aware of X-Designer.  It includes a "Capture Tool" which
is intended for the automatic conversion of Motif to Java.  However,
although X-Designer appears to be a *very nice* package for the primary
purposes for which it was developed (building GUIs from scratch), it does
not do a very good job in converting Motif GUIs to Java.

If anyone can suggest better alternatives, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

  -- Bob

Robert S. Pearlman, Ph.D
Coulter R. Sublett Regents Chair in Pharmacy and
Director, Laboratory for the Development of
  Computer-Assisted Drug Discovery Software
College of Pharmacy
University of Texas
Austin, Texas 78712
512-471-3383 (voice)
512-471-7474 (FAX)
[email-masked]