Subject: Re: CCL:Potential parameter fitting

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:36:12 +0200

> Does anyone there know of any software which is able to do this in a
> reasonably flexible manner?  I'm hoping for something simpler and more
> flexible than the old "roll your own energy and derivative routine"
> for plugging into a general least-squares fit program.  I'm sure this
> wheel must have been invented many times....

You could try the least-squares module in Scientific Python, available
> from http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/programs/scientific.html. It is a
general non-linear least-squares routine using the Levenberg-Marquardt
algorithm, but also automatic derivatives. You still have to write
the energy function yourself, but not the derivatives.
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: [email-masked]
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire (CNRS) | Tel.: +33-2.38.25.56.24
Rue Charles Sadron                       | Fax:  +33-2.38.63.15.17
45071 Orleans Cedex 2                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
France                                   | Nederlands/Francais
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------