Subject: Summery: g98 error on linux

From: "Zhenhua Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:41:50 +0800

Sorry, I forgot to mention Dr. Aeint de Boer in my previous summary. Here
are his suggestions:

You want to do something like:

# Set shared object library path

  setenv g98root         /u/local/apps/gaussian98.A.9
  setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $g98root/g98

to enable Linux to find the g98 shared object library, util.so.
If you are running in parallel, you need to do this on the parallel
nodes also.

OOPS.  My mistake.  I see (using the nm command) that util.so references
fstat, but does not define it.

fstat is probably defined in one of the several variations of libc.a.
You could try setting either LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LIBPATH to either /lib
or /usr/lib.  Actually, I would set both variables to both directories.
If that should work, then you can figure out which is/are needed.  If
that doesn't work, I'm running short of ideas.

Gaussian, Inc. uses the Portland Group compilers for Gaussian 98.  If
you have the Portland Group compilers, you could try compiling a short
program that uses I/O and try to figure out where fstat is resolved.
I believe that fstat will be used by most any program that uses I/O.