Subject: AMD vs Pentium for G98 calc. in Linux?

From: Peter Dinér <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:21:18 +0200

Dear CCL subscribers,
(Sorry if you have heard similar questions before, but I can´t access the
the search function in the CCL archives at the moment)

We are going to set up some workstation to do G98 (linux redhat)
calculations. Do tou have any recommendations to what processor that has
the best performance (AMD, PIII, or P4) for this kind of calculation. I
would be greatful if I can get some advice or www-adresses with benchmark
calculations.

(if you e-mail me directly we don´t have to too many answers on the list,
instead I will summarize)

/peter dinér

.-------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Ph. D. Student             |  \\/|\|/   | Department of Chemistry |
| Peter Dinér                |  / o o \   | Organic Chemistry       |
| Mail: [email-masked]  | G   O   G  | Göteborg University     |
| Phone: +46-31-772 2901     |  \ \_/ /   | Kemivägen 10            |
| Fax:   +46-31-772 3840     |   \___/    | S-412 96 Göteborg       |
|                            |            | Sweden                  |
.-------------------------------------------------------------------.