Subject: G98/linda compilation

From: "Ole W. Saastad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:28:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
I am trying to put together g98 and Linda. We have evaluation
copies of both softwares, but not the two as a unit.
I want to test the performance of our new ScaIP for this combination.
Many Scali clusters could take advantage of its SCI interconnect
through ScaIP.
ScaIP runs very well with Linda alone, we get latency slightly less
than the one for ethernet and a bandwidth more than three times
that of ethernet. It might be that Linda/g98 might benefit from
this higher bandwidth and somewhat lower latency. I have no information
about the average package size for g98/Linda.

How do you compile g98 for linda? I have more or less managed
to compile g98 by changing the lines in bldg98 where you specify
exe or linda.

if ($dolink) then
 $makename -f $locmake $makeflag exe
 $makename -f $locmake $makeflag linda
  endif

I had some problems with fork and wait. At present
I run with two empty routines for wait and fork. This is not
correct and a solution is needed.

After I have compiled I have files called both .exe and exel, the
latter beeing the Linda executables. How do I run g98 with these
Linda executables ?

Just running it a usual ( ./g98 <input file> ) does not start
Linda, it does however run scalar the normal way.

Some help on how to run Gaussian in combination with Linda would be very
helpful.

Best regards

Ole W. Saastad
Scali A/S.