Subject: Cluster Boards II

From: "Mauricio Esguerra N." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 01:33:38 -0500

Hi for the 2nd time!

 > Hello again,
 >
 >
 > This time I would like to ask if any of you with experience building
 > clusters could tell me if it's better to build a cluster using (for say a 6
 > node cluster) 3 dual motherboards or 6 single motherboards. I am
 > specifically interested in knowing the price-performance relation between
 > these two cases.

I am sorry not to have mentioned earlier that I would like to run GAMESS-US 
and Gaussian98 for small RNA strands and also for coordination compounds 
ab-initio calculations. Of course that after the cluster is built it could 
surely be used for other tasks but for now those two are the ones that seem 
most likely.

Thanking again your kind help,

################################################################
Mauricio Esguerra Neira
Chemist
Grupo de Química Teórica
Universidad Nacional de Colombia
email: [email-masked]
tel: 57-1-3165000 ext18323
################################################################