Subject: Accelrys workshops for Catalyst

From: Jeff Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:51:02 -0400

Accelrys will be holding two workshops on pharmacophore generation and 3D 
database searching using Catalyst.  On November 8-9, the "Pharmacophore 
Generation with Catalyst" workshop will be held at the SGI facility in Mt. 
View, California.  On November 20-21, the same workshop will be held in our 
office in Cambridge, UK.

The "Pharmacophore Generation with Catalyst" workshop is intended to 
introduce customers to pharmacophore generation and to the Catalyst user 
interface.  Although no prior experience with molecular modeling is needed, 
a basic understanding of QSAR theory and UNIX would be beneficial.

The workshop begins with the basics of the Catalyst interface and builds to 
simple pharmacophore generation, selection of training sets, and 
three-dimensional database searching.  Methods used within Catalyst for 
automatic hypothesis generation and manual hypothesis construction will be 
discussed. Some optimization of training sets and database searching will 
be covered as well.

This workshop provides attendees with the Catalyst-eye view of the 
structure-activity world that is necessary to best exploit its most useful 
features.  Lectures presenting the methodologies and examples of their 
application to solve real-world problems will be followed by 
hands-on/discussion periods during which attendees can work though 
tutorials or discuss their own work with experts from Accelrys.

Fees for the 2-day course in the US are $1000 commercial, $500 
government/non-profit, and $400 academic.  For the UK workshop, the fees 
are GBP 700 commercial, GBP 350 government/non-profit, and GBP 280 academic 
if payment is by purchase order or check.  If payment is by credit card, 
the fees are US$1000 commercial, US$500 government/non-profit, and US$400 
academic.

Further detailed information about this and other Accelrys training 
workshops, as well as on-line course registration, can be found at 
Accelrys' website 
(http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/schedule.html).  Please do not 
hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Jeffrey L. Nauss          Tien Luu
858-799-5555              +44 1223 402 895

Chris Arzt
858-799-5340

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD		Phone: (858) 799-5555
Life Science Customer Training 	Fax: (858) 799-5100
Accelrys			E-mail: [email-masked]
9685 Scranton Road		http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/
San Diego, CA 92121-3752

On June 1, MSI, Synopsys, Oxford Molecular, and GCG became Accelrys.
Accelrys is a subsidiary of Pharmacopeia, Inc.