Subject: Computational Chemistry GRID Conference

From: "Mark Zottola - Contractor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:28:33 -0400

Computational Chemistry GRID Conference
                    3rd Notice

SURA, NSF and the PET program at the Army Research Laboratory are pleased
to
announce that the first Computational Chemistry GRID Conference scheduled
for October 16 and 17 WILL take place!  Despite recent tragic events, this
conference will procede as scheduled.  This conference will be hosted at
the University of Kentucky.  There is NO registration fee for this
conference.  However, we do ask that all interested parties please
register.  Registration for this conference will close on October 10, 2001.
Information and registration for either on-site or virtual attendance is at
the following URL:

http://www.sura.org/events/2001/compchem/chemistry.html

In addition to a slate of outstanding speakers, there aill be a poster
session on Tuesday night.  Students, post-doctoral associate and professors
are all encouraged to submit posters.  The poster session will be
simultaneous with the mixer, thus allowing an informal, but fruitful mix of
science and socializing.  There will be an online publication of these
posters, details will follow in the days to come.

As part of this conference, we have reserved a set of rooms in Lexington.
These rooms are at a substantial discount to the normal rate.  However,
this rate will only be held through COB Friday, September 28.  While you
will be able to reserve a room after the 28th, you will not receive the
special conference rate.  Van service WILL be provided to all attendees for
transportation between the hotel and the University.

The speakers at this conference are acknowledged to be among the leading
researchers in computational chemistry.  These speakers include Dr. Keiji
Morokuma (Emory), Dr. Weitao Yang (Duke), Dr. William Goddard (Cal Tech)
and Dr. Stephen Harvey (UAB).  This conference will demonstrate how VRVS
can bridge the gulf between Access GRID and H.323 technology.  This bridge
solves both technological and economic barriers to information sharing via
the internet.

As an added feature to this conference, an afternoon session on
Nanostructures will be held October 17.  Given the rapid developments of
nanotechnology and its myriad applications, an optional session will be
held.  This session will include speakers such as Dr. Antonis Andriotis and
Dr. Roberto Car.  This session will also be available through
videoconferencing.

This conference is supported by SURA, under a grant from the National
Computational Science Alliance (NCSA), serving as a Partner for Advanced
Computational Services (PACS).