Subject: Sequence assembly/reconstruction in chemistry

From: "E.L. Willighagen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:13:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

i am writing a literature review on sequence assembly/reconstruction in
(bio)chemistry. I am familiar with the DNA/RNA reconstruction from digests,
bu i was wondering if there are other sequence assembly problems in
(biochemistry).  

I am looking for:  
1. a good review/tutorial on DNA/RNA reconstruction
   (recent techniques for dealing with DNA repetition, performance of
   algorithms etc)
2. pointers to articles/book to other sequence assembly/reconstruction
   problems in (bio)chemistry.

kind regards,

Egon Willighagen

---

From: "Nick Rhodes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:15:53 +0100

>    (recent techniques for dealing with DNA repetition, performance of

Have a look at "Algorithms on strings, trees and sequences - computer 
science and computational biology" by Dan Gusfield, Cambridge 
University Press, 1997.  

Could you please post a summary of the responses that you get?

Good luck,

Nick

*****************************************************************

Nick Rhodes, Computational Information Systems Research Group, 
Department of Information Studies, University of Sheffield, 
Regent Court, 211 Portobello Street, Sheffield, 
South Yorkshire, S1 4DP, United Kingdom.