Subject: CCL: New software CLiDE for Chemical Literature Data Extraction

From: Aniko Simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 11:23:12 -0400

SimBioSys Inc. is pleased to announce CLiDE and CLiDE Lite v 2.0

CLiDE, an acronym for Chemical Literature Data Extraction, is a document image
processing software, which extracts content of printed chemistry documents. The
aim of CLiDE is to process whole pages from scanned chemical documents and to
extract the maximum amount of information from both the text and the graphic regions.

CLiDE is a chemistry intelligent equivalent of an OCR software. Just as an OCR can
recognize characters from a scanned images of a printed text, CLiDE can recognize
structures, reactions and text from scanned images of printed chemistry literature.

FEATURES & BENEFITS
-    Extracts chemical structure and text information from printed/scanned pages and
stores the information in various forms (e.g. MOL file, ChemDraw).
-    CLiDE also extracts reaction information.  Reaction information can be entered into
databases automatically. Saves hours of redrawing.
-    Extracts generic structure information from graphics and text.  CLiDE will expand
condensed generic structures so they can be entered into your DB either  expanded or
condensed.
-    CLiDE recognizes and extracts page layout information.  Bibliographical information
(e.g. title, author etc.) is conveniently extracted automatically thus  saving time cataloging
and organizing your DB.

AVAILABILITY
CLiDE v2.0 is primarily available on MS Windows 2000/NT 4.0/Me/98/95 platforms.
CLiDE Lite is also available from: SciStore: http://chemstore.cambridgesoft.com/software/product.cfm?pid=269

Further information regarding CLiDE and CLiDE Lite can be found at http://www.simbiosys.ca/
--
Aniko Simon Ph.D.
[email-masked]