Subject: Announce: Bodil 0.7 (beta-release) modeling environment

From: Jukka Lehtonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:56:01 +0200

The Molecular Structures and Biocomputing at the Åbo Akademi University
is proud to announce the first public release of

                   Bodil modeling environment
                        version 0.7 beta

Bodil is a modular, multi-platform software package for biomolecular
visualization and modeling. Bodil aims to provide easy three-dimensional
(OpenGL) molecular graphics closely integrated with sequence viewing
and sequence alignment editing. Functionality of Bodil is implemented
in dynamically loaded modules. The basic modules provide visualization
tools, and protein modeling, small-molecule ligand docking and other
modules are currently under development.

Bodil version 0.7 beta for Linux(Intel) and SGI Irix is distributed free
of charge for non-profit, academic use.
Bodil is available for download via the web at
http://www.abo.fi/fak/mnf/bkf/research/johnson/bodil.html/

Mail any questions, comments and suggestions to [email-masked]

--
Molecular Structures and Biocomputing
Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacy
Åbo Akademi University, Finland