Subject: A question on C.I.

From: Eric Scerri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:31:29 -0800

A question on C.I.

Under what circumstances would one still maintain that a CI
calculation can be associated with a particular configuration?  Would
the coefficient in front of that particular matrix need to be 0.9 or
something in that region?

What would be a good source to examine such coefficients for the 
atoms in the periodic table for most stable configurations short of 
actually doing CI calculations?  Is there a web page that allows one 
to do CI for atoms in a similar way to the Hartree-Fock sites such
as the one designed by Froese Fischer?

regards,
eric

-- 

Dr. Eric Scerri ,
UCLA,
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry,
607 Charles E. Young Drive East,
Los Angeles,  CA 90095-1569
USA

E-mail :   [email-masked]
tel:  310 206 7443
fax:  310 206 2061
Web Page:    http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Faculty/scerri/index.html

Editor  of  Foundations of Chemistry
http://www.wkap.nl/journalhome.htm/1386-4238

Also see International Society for the Philosophy of Chemistry
http://www.georgetown.edu/earleyj/ISPC.html