Subject: Gaussian run error--util.so

From: William Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:30:37 -0500

Hi, dear CCLers:

I just got gaussian and want to get it run. After I compiled and ran it
on the supercomputer, it gave me the following message:
6554108:./g98: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname
'util.so' under any of the filenames
/usr/lib64/util.so:/usr/lib64/internal/util.so:/lib64/util.so:/opt/lib64/util.so:

For I have no right to write in those directories. Could anyone point me
out how to solve the problem. Can I give gaussian the directory that the
file in and how to do that?

The second question is how can I constrain the peptide bond in a plane
and what is the keywords.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

William.

--
William Wei                    Tel: 1-416-946-7551 (Lab.)
Faculty of Pharmacy            Fax: 1-416-978-8511
19 Russell Street              Email: [email-masked]
Toronto, ON. M5S 2S2, Canada          [email-masked]