Subject: Re: CCL:LAPACK!

From: Thomas Heine <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:25:16 +0100

Hi Pradipta,

which LAPACK version are you using?

Download LAPACK 3.0, use your compiler without optimisations to create
the dp library (by 
1.) editing make.inc
2.) make install
3.) cd SRC make double

After you've given your BLAS library path in make.inc you can proceed to
testing and make double again. If everything is ok link this "certified"
library and test your code.

I had similar problems on different platforms, mainly caused by buggy
installations by default. I.e.liblapack.a delivered by Intel MKL, scsl
on SGI, dxml on Alpha and sunperf on Sun systems were not well
implemented. If you run the LAPACK 3.0 test suite you'll get plenty of
errors with these libraries. 

Good luck
Thomas