Subject: 02.03.22 Second Southern School on Computational Chemistry, Orange Beach, AL - USA

From: "Yevgeniy Podolyan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:52:45 -0600

Dear Colleague:

We invite you to participate in the Second Southern School on Computational
Chemistry organized together by the members of the NSF-EPSCOR Computational
Chemistry Cluster, NSF-CREST Computational Center for Molecular Structure
and Interactions, and the Army High Performance Computing Research Center.

The meeting will be held at the Hampton Inn on beautiful Orange Beach,
Alabama (next to Pensacola, FL) on March 22 and 23, 2002 (Friday 2 p.m. -
Saturday 10 p.m.).

There will be two formal lectures by William Miller from University of
California at Berkeley and Vincent Ortiz from Kansas State University.

In addition, we are planning 20-30-minute oral presentations of senior
investigators and posters from the students. These presentations will cover
all areas of computational and quantum chemistry. A special session on High
Performance Computing on Large Molecular Systems is scheduled for the Friday
afternoon. We will publish a volume of proceeding with abstracts and a
special issue of "Structural Chemistry" with selected papers from the
meeting. Please email your abstracts by February 1, 2002 to Mr. Y. Podolyan
[email-masked] (up to 4 pages in Microsoft Word format) with
indication if you prefer oral or poster presentation and a file with your
picture. These pictures will be included in the conference materials along
with the list of participants. You can also register online through this web
site at http://ccmsi.jsums.edu/sscc

The conference fee, which includes meals (Friday dinner through Sunday
breakfast), is $100.

I hope to see you at our School.

Jerzy Leszczynski