Subject: Gaussian support

From: "Kerwin D Dobbs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:11:53 -0500

Gaussian 98 is a fine and very useful electronic structure
program. If this software did not perform well, it would no
longer reside on our computers. However, what I have been
reading has not been about its performance but whether or
not the support for it is good. From my own experience with
Gaussian, Inc., I have only high praises for the support they
have provided over the last decade. Of course, this support is
the direct consequence of paying a yearly maintenance fee.

So, I'm wondering ... are people/organizations purchasing a
license for the Gaussian program and expecting support without
paying an additional maintenance fee? Or, are they paying this
maintenance fee and getting little to no support? If the latter,
then they have the right to complain and take it up directly
with Mike Frisch himself. Otherwise, I suggest paying close
attention to what you read daily on the CCL or, even, digging
into the CCL archives for help with certain aspects of using
the Gaussian program.

Kerwin
===============================================
 Kerwin Dobbs  ([email-masked])
 DuPont Research & Development
 Experimental Station
 P.O. Box 80328
 Wilmington DE 19880-0328
 phone: (302)695-8084

 "The miracles of computational chemistry"
===============================================