Subject: Front End Programs for Gaussian

From: "Samuel A. Abrash" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:44:55 -0500

Hi Folks,
	I'm about to choose a front end program for Gaussian.  I'm working on Suns
with Solaris.  I know that I can use Spartan, GaussView, and other programs
as front ends.  What I'm interested in hearing is how well those of you who
use these are satisfied by their power and performance. I.e., what do you
use, are you happy with it, would you recommend it, and why.  I'll
summarize the responses if and only if I'm requested to, and if I do, I'll
give credit to those who communicate with me unless they request that I don't.
Best regards,
Sam Abrash
Samuel A. Abrash
Associate Professor
Department of Chemistry 
University of Richmond
Richmond, VA 23173
Phone: (804) 289-8248
Fax: (804) 287-1897
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.richmond.edu/~sabrash
"Research is to teaching as sin is to confession - if you don't participate
in one you don't have anything to say at the other."