Subject: CFP: Computational Protein Structure Analysis Workshop

From: Iosif Vaisman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:09:14 -0500

Workshop on Computational Protein Structure Analysis
March 10, 2002
Durham, North Carolina, USA

The Workshop on Computational Protein Structure Analysis will be a part
of the Fourth Conference on Computational Biology and Genome Informatics
that is held in conjunction with several other Joint Conferences on
Information Sciences in the Research Triangle Park area of North
Carolina. The 6th Joint Conference on Information Sciences (JCIS),
scheduled for March 8-14, 2002 will continue a decade-long tradition of
offering cutting-edge scientific and technological presentations and
discussion. Computational Biology will be one of the major themes at
JCIS-2002. The Computational Protein Structure Analysis workshop will
bring together academic, governmental and industrial researchers
interested in various aspects of theoretical and computational studies of
protein structure and protein modelling.

The workshop topics include:
- Protein structure classification
- Protein structure comparison
- Protein structure prediction
- Structural genomics
- Molecular simulation of proteins
- Protein modeling

Papers describing original research in any of the above listed topics are
invited. To submit a paper please email an abstract (not more than one
page, plain text or PDF) before February 1, 2002 to Iosif Vaisman
([email-masked]). Acceptance notification will be sent by February 7,
2002.

Workshop Co-Chairs:
Tom Darden (NIEHS), Alex Tropsha (UNC), Iosif Vaisman (GMU).

Additional information and registration forms are available at
http://scs-pw.gmu.edu/vaisman/cpsa.html

Iosif Vaisman, Ph.D. 
Associate Professor of Bioinformatics        
School of Computational Sciences              
George Mason University, MSN 4E3                   
Manassas, VA 20110                            

703.993.8431 (voice), 703.993.8401 (fax), scs-pw.gmu.edu/vaisman (web)