Subject: Accelrys Life Science Training in San Diego

From: "Tien Luu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 03:38:15 -0000

Accelrys Inc. will be holding two workshops involving the Cerius2 user
interface at the San Diego Supercomputer Center, San Diego, CA.

The "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences Workshop" will be offered on
March 26-27.  This course provides an overview of molecular modeling
techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2.  The workshop will
focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will explore various
modules in the areas of rational-drug design, structure-based drug design,
and combinatorial chemistry.  Prior modeling experience is not assumed
making this course a great place to learn molecular modeling with Cerius2.

On March 28-29, the "Library Design and Analysis Workshop" will be held.
This course will cover the basics of combinatorial library design, from
initial library specification through to library analysis techniques.
Various approaches to library subsetting will be described, including
methods to select chemically diverse subsets from a virtual library, as well
as techniques for lead explosion, after initial SAR data has been
determined. Other topics covered will include methods for library-library
comparison and several approaches to hole-filling of an existing library.
Familiarity with the Cerius2 environment is required for attendance to this
workshop.

Fees for each 2-day course are $1000 commercial, $500 government, and $400
academic.  However, register for both courses and receive a 25% discount for
the second course.

Registration is on-line at URL
http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/registration.php.  Further detailed
information about this and other Accelrys training workshops can be found at
the Accelrys website
(http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/schedule.html).  Please do not
hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Tien Luu
+44 1223-402-895

Jeffrey L. Nauss
+1 858-799-5555