Subject: tex2gif.py: a latex to gif translator

From: "Richard P. Muller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:59:03 -0800

Need an equation for that web page you're putting up? Have something too
complex for Microsoft's equation editor? Long for the beauty of LaTeX
equations in your PowerPoint presentation? Want to paste a copy of the
Schrodinger equation to that letter home to Mom? 

tex2gif.py is for you:
http://www.wag.caltech.edu/home/rpm/projects/tex2gif/

tex2gif.py is a free (GPL) program to pipe equations through latex and
some linux utilities to convert the equations into a GIF image. This has
only been tested on Linux right now, so I don't know if it runs on other
platforms. I hacked it together in a couple of hours over the weekend
because I wanted to be able to put pretty equations onto web pages, and
am releasing it in the hope that other people will find it useful.

Requirements
* Python/Tkinter 
* LaTeX 2e 
* ghostscript 
* pnmcrop, pnmscale, and ppmtogif 
* ee, to preview the resulting gif files 

More information available at:
http://www.wag.caltech.edu/home/rpm/projects/tex2gif/

Rick
-- 
Richard P. Muller, Ph.D. 
[email-masked] 
http://www.wag.caltech.edu/home/rpm