Subject: Fwd: for ccl: Fermi and Coulomb holes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:41:44 +0100

Dear CCL'ers,

Recently, I've been asked a question about the difference between the Coulomb
hole and the Fermi hole. Could someone give me an answer?

Thanks in advance,

Pascal

----- Forwarded message from Stephen Stackhouse <[email-masked]> -----
    Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:14:39 +0000
    From: Stephen Stackhouse <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Stephen Stackhouse <[email-masked]>
 Subject: for ccl
      To: Pascal Boulet <[email-masked]>

Pascal,

Here is my question:

I have recently been reading "A Chemist's Guide to Density Functional
Theory".
On page 26 of the book the authors discuss the Fermi hole in terms of
pair density
and state that "Usually the exchange hole is largest around the probe
electron."

Can anyone tell me why this is so? Why is it not largest at the
reference electron,
like the Coulomb hole?

Stephen

----- End forwarded message -----