Subject: Mopac93 and Linux/g77

From: Brian Salter-Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:31:08 +0930

I have had mopac93 run from web pages via cgi as a treaching aid.
Recently that machine died and I have had to move the web pages to
linux. I can not compile mopac93 successfully. I compiled mopac7 OK
using f2c/gcc as described on the WebMO pages. g77 causes conflicts with
the SECOND(N) routine which it thinks is intrinsic. I guess one could
get around this, but f2c/gcc works. mopac93 is similar. f2c/gcc gives an
executable, but the output soon turns to garbage. Has anyone managed to
get a correct running executable of mopac93 on linux?

When running this code and others from web pages I need a simple queuing
system. I used to use NQS but this is overkill and it seems to have
little support these days. I failed to compile it under tru64 for
example after running it for years on the same machine running DEC OSF1.
Does anyone know of a simple queuing system for linux? I want a single
queue running just one job at a time. Being able to inspect the queue and
delete items would be nice, but nothing fancier is required.

Regards to all, Brian.

-- 
           Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) [email-masked]  
Honorary Fellow in Chemistry, NT University, Darwin, NT 0909, Australia.
 Phone 08-89881600.    Fax 08-89881302.    http://lacebark.ntu.edu.au/