Subject: Call for Papers for Fall ACS in Boston

From: David Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:15:36 -0600

*********************************************************************

********  The deadline for abstract submissions is 1 April  *********

*********************************************************************

QSAR IN THE BRAVE NEW WORLD OF STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY, GENOMICS, COMBICHEM AND HTS 

Fall ACS meeting in Boston (August 18-22, 2002)
Sponsored by the Division of Computers in Chemistry (COMP)

The scope of QSAR includes analysis of all aspects of quantitative molecular
design.  At the "front end" of drug or pesticide design, for example, 
structure/property relationships (SPRs) are being elucidated for pharmaco-
kinetic properties, and predictions that a compound will have ADME or
toxicological problems will stop some compounds from being made at all.  At
the other extreme is the growing use of combinatorial approaches and
experimental design to optimize process chemistry.  In between lie analyses
of high-throughput screening (HTS) data and "classical" lead optimization.  
In other areas of inquiry - e.g., odorant or taste characterization or pest
deterrence or target druggability - QSARs may serve to either generate
hypotheses 
or to test existing hypotheses generated from earlier analyses.

We are organizing a multi-session symposium for the 18-22 August 2002 American 
Cheimcal Society meeting in Boston.  Selected papers will be considered for 
inclusion in a Perspectives in Drug Discovery and Design ('PD3') issue of 
J Comput-Aided Mol Design. If you would like to present a paper on some aspect 
of QSAR, QSPR, or a related area of chemometrics, please use the OASYS system:
 
  http://oasys.acs.org/acs/224nm/comp/papers/index.cgi 

to submit your abstract directly.  The deadline for submission is 1 April 2002.  

NB: This is the same symposium as that described in an earlier call for papers
under the title "QSAR FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE".  We apologize for any confusion the 
change in title may cause.

 Bob Clark ([email-masked])
 Tripos, Inc.
 1699 S. Hanley Road
 St. Louis MO 63144

 Yvonne Martin ([email-masked])
 D-47E AP10/2
 Abbott Laboratories
 100 Abbott Park Road
 Abbott Park IL  60064-6100