Subject: 02.08.22 ACS Boston: COMP: Symposium: The Chemistry Of Computers

From: "Peter Lykos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:34:25 -0800

Symposium, The Chemistry Of Computers,  sponsored by the ACS Division of
Computers in Chemistry, COMP,  at the 18-22 August 2002 Natl Mtg of the
AmChemSoc in Boston

The AmChemSoc Division of Computers in Chemistry, COMP, has a new initiative;
namely, The Chemistry Of Computers. Thus COMP is reaching out beyond
algorithms and programming to the Chemistry underlying the stuff of which
computers are made and associated technologies. As these devices become more
and more compact we need to understand better what more is possible working at
the level of molecular science.

Of course that includes micro and molecular level electronics, as well as
self-assembly of intelligent devices, but ranges further into the Chemistry of
displays, telecommunication materials, the computer-human interface, and
beyond. Chemists are becoming computer engineers.

Potential contributors to this COMP Symposium, The Chemistry OF Computers,
should contact the Symposium Organizer, IIT Professor Peter Lykos
( [email-masked] ). Titles and abstracts may be submitted by 25 March 2002,
http://oasys.acs.org/oasys.htm .

Please spread the word.