Subject: Reduce the size of Freq analysis (GAUSSIAN)

From: "Kiniu WONG \(Kin-Yiu\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 07:30:00 -0400

Hi everybody,

    Frequency analysis ("Freq") in GAUSSIAN is computationally VERY
expensive.  In fact, there is too much information obtained by this keyword
"Freq" since I just would like to know whether the stationary point found is
a saddle point (transition state) or the minimum point (ground state).  From
the GAUSSIAN's manual, I know that the computational time can be reduced by
the option Freq(NoRaman).  But my question is:

Does anybody know that what I should do to further reduce the computational
time for the purpose to get information of the nature of the stationary
point only??

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Wishes,
Kiniu
----

Kiniu WONG (Kin-Yiu)
Graduate Student
Department of Physics
The Ohio State University
USA
Primary Email:   [email-masked]
Permanent Email:   [email-masked]