Subject: Re: CCL:Fortran 77

From: Szilveszter Juhos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:15:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Ng Pei Ling wrote:

> I am loking for a free fortran compliler to Sun
> computer or SGI 5. 

Look around at:

http://freeware.sgi.com
ftp://freeware.sgi.com/fw-5.3 

In the latter dir the GCC package (although pretty outdated) should
contain the g77 package as well.

http://www.sunfreeware.com
http://www.solariscentral.com/

Though all of them are g77 Fortran-to-C stuff AFAIK, but should work. Also
it should not be a problem to compile gcc with Fortran support (gcc-2.95.3
recommended) for any of the platforms. You can start ie with the old
version for IRIX 5.XX that you can download and re-build the new version
(see docs at http://gcc.gnu.org ). Not an easy task if you are doing it
first time, but managable.

Hope it helps:

Szilva