Subject: Final release of VEGA1.4.0

From: Giulio Vistoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:09:23 +0200

Dear colleagues,

we are glad to announce the new final release of VEGA1.4.0
(http://users.unimi.it/~ddl) our well known program to convert, manage and
visualize of 3D structures for several platforms (Win32, Linux, Irix,
AmigaOs).

New features of VEGA1.4.0:

- MDL Mol file loader.
- Improved IFF file format (new chunks).
- Extended command line interface for language scripting.
- Return code handler.
- Fix: Biosym archive 3 (.car) loader now reads the element column.
- Fix: mol2 hack for Insight generated mol2 files.
- Fix: mol2 saver.
- Manual: added Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) page.
- Win32: atom picking and interactive measures/selection (atom, distance,
angle, torsion and angle betwee two planes).
- Win32: Dhrystone Test plugin (tstdhry.dll) to test the CPU performance.
- Win32: joystick control.
- Win32: color requester.
- Win32: customizable atom selection.
- Win32: some new commands can be send trough the standard window port, in
order to interpret complex command sequences.
- Win32: now the trajectory animation is compatible with the new refresh
mode.
- Win32: the selection tool for trajectory analysis supports the atom
picking.
- Win32: the trajectory files can be opened directly with File -> Open menu
item.
- Win32: dynamic loading for devil.dll, fmod.dll, ilu.dll, ilut.dll,
libbz2.dll and zlib32.dll.
- Win32: VEGA select the dll with the optimizations for the installed CPU.
- Win32: new menu items: Help -> Last error and Display -> Select -> None.
- Win32: new demo music by Chris Hülsbeck.

Moreover the most important feature of this release is the new plugin
architecture  to expand the VEGA capabilities so that everyone can
collaborate to VEGA project by writing your source code in order to add
custom applications to VEGA platform.
If you create a plugin, please communicate us in order to point out  your
products in our website

The VEGA team

Alessandro Pedretti & Giulio Vistoli