Subject: Density matrix in G98

From: Thomas Exner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:55:45 -0600

Dear CCLers,

I have an unusual g98 question: I use a program developed in our group
to approximate the electron density matrix based on a Hartree-Fock
calculation with a specific basis set. To compare the accuracy of this
approximation, I would like to compare energies calculated with these
density matrices and energies calculated directly with g98. My question
is now, if it is possible to read a density matrix in g98 and then
calculate energies with this density matrix? Any help is highly
appreciated.

Best wishes,
Thomas

-- 
____________________________________________________________________

Dr. Thomas Exner
Department of Physical Chemistry
Physical Chemistry I 
University of Technology Darmstadt (TUD)
Petersenstr. 20                             	  Auf der Marienhoehe 5
64287 Darmstadt					  64297 Darmstadt
Germany						  Germany

phone:  +49-6151-16 2398			  +49-6151-537165
fax:    +49-6151-16 4298
e-mail: [email-masked]		  [email-masked]
WWW:    http://www.pc.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de/staff/exner/

Computational, Theoretical & Mathematical Chemistry
Department of Chemistry 
University of Saskatchewan
110 Science Place                                 431 Edmund Park
Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5C9                            Saskatoon, SK, S7H 0Z4
Canada                                            Canada

phone:  +1-306-966-5357			          +1-306-382-5397
fax:    +1-306-966-4730

____________________________________________________________________