Subject: CCL: ET at short distances

From: Arturas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:34:36 +0300

Hello CCL'ers,

Got qustion, if anybody back at work again :)

It is postulated that in long range ET there is exponential dependence
and the main factor controling ET is distance. Here is distances above
5 Angstroms. If we have two molecules at distance shorter than 5; say
about 3-4 Å.

How large can be ET deviation depending on structural arrengments for
each other (Acceptor-Donor) ??? Can some orientation retard ET so that
ET rate would drop significantly ??? Do any structural things play any
influence in short distance or, in opposite, in short distances all
depends on HOMO/LUMO properties saying roughly ???

Would like to get just any short profesinal comments.

-- 
Best regards,
Arturas Z.                         

mailto:[email-masked]
http://biologija.vdu.lt/person/ziemar/index.html