Subject: Accelrys bioinformatics workshops in Europe

From: Jeffrey Nauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:01:08 -0700

Accelrys Ltd. will be holding three Bioinformatics workshops at our office 
in Cambridge, UK in September 

On September 17th-18th, the workshop "Wisconsin Package and SeqLab" will 
be offered.  The Wisconsin Package® is the most widely used Bioinformatics 
suite in the world.  Containing over 130 programs, it covers almost every 
aspect of sequence analysis. This workshop describes the use of the 
Wisconsin Package through the X-Windows interface SeqLab®. Many of the 
basic functions are described in detail with enough theoretical 
description to obtain an understanding of many of the programs.  No prior 
experience with the Wisconsin Package is required but some knowledge of 
bioinformatics techniques will be helpful.

On September 19th, the one-day "SeqWeb Workshop" will be offered. This 
workshop is relevant to customers who already know about the Wisconsin 
Package but who would like to use a web-based interface.  SeqWeb provides 
intranet access to some of the more popular applications in the Wisconsin 
Package from a web browser.  A prerequisite for this course is experience 
with the Wisconsin Package or completion of the "Wisconsin Package and 
SeqLab Workshop".

Finally, on September 20th, the one-day "Desktop Visualization and 
Communication with ViewerPro Workshop" will be conducted.  This workshop 
is designed for chemists, biochemists, biologists, or anyone else who 
wants high-quality molecular modeling, visualization, and analysis on 
their desktop. This one-day workshop focuses on the use of Viewer Pro with 
Microsoft desktop products for communication and integration.  It is an 
excellent complement to the Wisconsin Package training for the 
visualization of protein structures.

Fees per individual for the 2-day "Wisconsin Package and SeqLab Workshop " 
are $1200 commercial, $900 government/non-profit, and $660 academic.  Fees 
for either the "SeqWeb" or the "Desktop Visualization and Communication 
with ViewerPro" workshops are $600 commercial, $450 government/non-profit, 
or $330 academic each. 

Registration is on-line at URL http://www.accelrys.com/training/bioinf/schedule.html.  Further detailed information about this and other Accelrys training 
workshops can be found at the Accelrys website (http://www.accelrys.com/training/index.html).  Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Elizabeth Crookenden
Training Coordinator
+ 44 1223 228691

--
Jeffrey L. Nauss, Ph.D.
Manager, Discovery Studio Training

Accelrys Inc.
9685 Scranton Road
San Diego, CA 92121-3752

Phone: 858-799-5555
Fax: 858-799-5100
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.accelrys.com/training