Subject: distributed computing and autodock

From: Robert Flight <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:45:04 -0300

CCL Users,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to perform docking using
Autodock on a cluster of networked computers connected by a 10/100 ethernet.
I read that Autodock 3.0 was capable of running this way (J. Comput. Chem.,
1998, Vol 19(14):1639-1662), however, I may be mistaken.  I have not been able
to find anything else about this capability of Autodock.

Has anyone ever been able to run Autodock like this, and if so, what is
involved?  Must Autodock be installed on each processor?

I will summarize the responses to the list.

Thanks,

Robert

********************************
Robert Flight
Masters Student
Department of Chemistry
University of New Brunswick
Fredericton, NB  Canada  E3B 6E2
e-mail: [email-masked] 
********************************