Subject: New releases of Marvin, JChem, JKlustor - software for the manipulation of chemical structures

From: Ferenc Csizmadia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:29:30 +0200

Apologies for multiple postings.

Marvin Applets and Marvin Beans 2.10.5, JChem and JKlustor
1.7.3 have been released. The packages contain Java software
development tools and applications for chemistry. The software
is portable (runs in Windows, Mac, Unix, etc.)

- Marvin Applets and JavaBeans support drawing/displaying chemical
    structures and handling molecule objects.
- JChem provides chemical database searching capabilities by
    integration into relational database engines supporting SQL.
- JKlustor is a software for diversity calculations and clustering,
    which can generate and apply 2D molecular fingerprints.

FREE:
- Marvin Applets are free for free web sites.
- MarvinSketch and MarvinView applications accessed from
    ChemAxon's web site
     http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/jnlp/index.html
- Locally installed MarvinSketch, MarvinView, and MolConverter
    applications are free for academic or home users.

Marvin News:
- Improved Mac support
     http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/for-mac-users.html
- Signed applets (File Open, Save, and copy/paste support)
     http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/signing.html
- Full featured MarvinSketch and MarvinView applications can be
    accessed directly from the web without installation (applying
    the Java Web Start technology)
     http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/jnlp/index.html
- CML import
     http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/formats.html
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) image file generation
     http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/images-doc.html
- Atom mapping
     http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/example-sketch3.5.html
- Copy/paste with ChemDraw
     http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/datatransfer.html
- See more at http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/changes.html
http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin

JChem News:
- DB2 and PostgreSQL support added
- Search using R-group conditions (Markush structures)
- New query atom conditions (aliphatic/aromatic, valence,
    connection count, hydrogen connection count, ring count,
    smallest ring size)
- Detailed guide for structure searching
     http://www.jchem.com/doc/user/
- See more at http://www.jchem.com/changes.html
http://www.jchem.com

JKlustor News:
- JChem API includes JKlustor
     http://www.jchem.com/doc/api/
- See more at http://www.jchem.com/changes.html
http://www.jchem.com/doc/admin/JKlustor.html

The software can be tried/downloaded at
http://www.chemaxon.com/products.html

Online demos:
http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/demos.html
http://www.jchem.com/examples.html

Regards,
Ferenc

--
Dr. Ferenc Csizmadia
Managing Director
ChemAxon
http://www.chemaxon.com