Subject: Re: CCL:Autodock on Windows?

From: Roger Hull <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 00:01:19 +0100

Mark,

Yes, I have been able to compile Autodock 3.0.5 (with minimal changes to
the source code but quite a lot of changes to the make files) with MS
Visual c++ v6 to run under UWIN v2.9 (available free for academic use).
I'm told that the modified files also work for Cygwin. In my tests on a
laptop with 64M RAM, the UWIN version under Windows 2000 runs about 30%
slower than the linux version on the same machine, but this may be
because Win2K does not handle virtual memory as well as linux.

If anyone wants instructions for converting the files, please e-mail me
and I will send them to you (MS Word format). I don't feel free to
distribute the modified files without the risk of breaking the Autodock
licence terms, but you are welcome to the (quite detailed) instructions!

Roger Hull.

In article <[email-masked]>, Mark Thompson
<[email-masked]> writes
>
>Has anyone compiled/converted  AutoDock 3.x to run on Windows? 
>
>Mark
>
>=================================
>Mark Thompson, Ph.D.
>Planaria Software
>PO Box 55207
>Seattle, WA  98155
>
>http://www.arguslab.com
>FAX: 206-440-3305
>=================================