Subject: Compiling Autodock 3.05 on Unix

From: Robert Flight <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:04:32 -0400

Fellow CCL'ers,

I'm trying to compile a new Autodock binary on my Unix machine (SGI O2, 
running Irix 6.5, MIPSPRO C++ compiler). I'm trying to add extra atom types 
(16 vs the default 8) and change the maximum number of runs. This should be 
fairly simple, I've managed it under linux and I didnt think it would be too 
much more difficult under Unix. I've modified the "autocomm.h" and 
"constants.h" files appropriately, and then changed the "Makefile" to reflect 
my machine. Unfortunately, it doesnt want to work. I've modified the Makefile 
numerous times tyring a few different combinations, but nothing works. Any 
help would or suggestions would be appreciated. Below is the present error 
that comes up during the compile.

Thanks,

Robert

CC -DNOSQRT -o autodock3 main.o -L. -lad -lm ld32: ERROR 146: Expecting 
relocatable objects: main.o is IPA intermediate object; You must specify -IPA 
on link line.

********************************
Robert Flight
Masters Student
Department of Chemistry
University of New Brunswick
Fredericton, NB Canada E3B 6E2
e-mail: [email-masked] ********************************