Subject: New book on Microarrays available

From: David Weininger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 12:42:45 -0400

This is a new book on the use of DNA Microarrays in the field of genomics 
by leaders in the field that I thought might interest some readers of this 
list.  I've included a link where more information can be found.

Thanks!

Microarrays for an Integrative Genomics
Isaac S. Kohane, Alvin Kho, and Atul J. Butte
ISBN 0-262-11271-X
Publisher: MIT Press
2002
http://mitpress.mit.edu/026211271X

This book provides a systematic introduction to the use of DNA microarrays 
as an investigative tool for functional genomics. The presentation is 
appropriate for readers from biology or bioinformatics. After presenting a 
framework for the design of microarray-driven functional genomics 
experiments, the book discusses the foundations for analyzing microarray 
data sets, genomic data-mining, the creation of standardized nomenclature 
and data models, clinical applications of functional genomics research, and 
the future of functional genomics.

Isaac S. Kohane is Director of the Children's Hospital Informatics Program, 
Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School, and an 
Attending Physician in Endocrinology. Alvin Kho is Research Fellow in 
Medicine. Atul J. Butte is a Staff Informatician in the Children's Hospital 
Informatics Program, an Instructor in Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School, 
and an Attending Physician in Endocrinology. All are at Children's 
Hospital, Boston.

David Weininger
Associate Publicist
MIT Press
5 Cambridge Center, 4th Floor
Cambridge, MA  02142
617.253.2079
617.253.1709 fax
[email-masked]