Subject: MIPSIM release

From: Jordi Villa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:34:27 +0200

**********************************************************************
*                                                                    *
*                   MIPSIM 2.1beta Release                           *
*                                                                    *
**********************************************************************

October 2002                                                  

The Research Group in Biomedical Informatics (GRIB) is proud to announce the 
release of a new version of MIPSIM.
MIPSIM is a computational system developed by the GRIB at the 
Institut Municipal d'Investigació Mèdica (IMIM) of Barcelona for 
the automatic exploration of biomolecular similarities on the basis 
of molecular interaction potentials.

MIPSIM can be used as a standalone program for the automatic exploration 
of biomolecular similarities but it is specially powerful when interfacing 
to other well-known external programs:

    * The quantum package GAMESS. Current version of MIPSIM has been 
      tested with June 2001 version of GAMESS. Other versions may be 
      compatible with the scripts distributed with MIPSIM with very few 
      changes.
    * A molecular interaction potential evaluator (GRID). Current supported 
      version of MIPSIM interfaces with GRID19 (Linux version), or Grid 20 
      (IRIX VERSIONS).
    * statistical tools for the partial least squares (PLS) calculations 
      needed for the derivation of 3D-QSAR models (GOLPE), and 
    * visualization packages (GOPENMOL,INSIGTHII)

The current is a beta version and may be not bug free. We encourage the
users to help in the development of more robust and powerful versions
by reporting bugs and suggesting improvements.

The program can be accessed at the web address:

http://www1.imim.es/modeling/mipsim/index.html

For further information, please, refer to the above mentioned page or
e-mail us at [email-masked].

Reference:
MIPSIM: Similarity analysis of Molecular Interaction Potentials 
Miquel de Cáceres, Jordi Villà, Juan J. Lozano and Ferran Sanz, 
Bioinformatics 2000, 16, 568-569 

Jordi

------------------------------------------------------
Jordi Villà i Freixa
Computational Structural Biology Laboratory
Research Group on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB) - IMIM/UPF

Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta 37-49.  Tel: +34 93 224 0886
E-08003 Barcelona (Spain)                 Fax: +34 93 224 0875
e-mail: [email-masked] http://www1.imim.es/~jvilla