Subject: electrostatic potential surfaces with Gaussview

From: "Ronald R. Sauers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:42:35 -0400

Dear Folks:

 I am trying to to use Gaussview 2.03 to generate color graphics of
electrostatic potential surfaces.  Cube files were prepared with the
following commands:  cube=(potential,40).  We expected to see a rainbow
of colors indicating variable charge distribution.   In face, on
(Gauss)viewing, only two colors (red and yellow) were seen for various
molecules at several isodensity levels.

Can anyone comment on what can be done to rectify this situation?

Thanks in advance.

RRSauers

--

************************************************************************

Ronald R. Sauers                                732-445-2626 (office)
Professor Emeritus of Chemistry                 732-445-2618 (dept)
Department of Chemistry                         732-445-5312 (FAX)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
610 Taylor Road
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854-8087 USA

E-mail:[email-masked]

************************************************************************