Subject: Re: CCL:IChi ref?

From: Jonathan Brecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:00:54 -0400

At 9:11 PM -0400 10/12/02, Maneesh Yadav wrote:
>With respect to the new chemical nomenclature system being propsed by
>IUPAC, can anyone confirm or deny the existence of a published paper
>descibring the system?
>
>I realize it's still a work in progress, but I would like to talk about
>chemical nomenclature in an upcoming journal club, and it'd be hard to
>talk about IChi if I couldn't find a ref.  If anyone could point me to
>some sources which describe the nomenclature system in a little more
>detail than in the Nature and Alchemist clippings I'd be grateful.

Go to http://www.iupac.org
Type "ichi" in the search box
The first link is http://www.iupac.org/projects/2000/2000-025-1-800.html

It's a stretch to say that the IChI project has much of anything to do with
nomenclature.

Jonathan Brecher
CambridgeSoft Corporation
[email-masked]