Subject: Combinatorial Chemistry and Laboratory Automation Symposium - New Orleans 2003 Meeting

From: David Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:37:00 -0700

Hello everyone:
 
      Sorry for the cross postings. I am organizing a symposium for the ACS
meeting in New Orleans, March 23-27 entitled:
 
Combinatorial chemistry and laboratory automation (Oral symposium #3275.)
 
CINF will be co-sponsoring the above symposium with the ACS Laboratory
Automation (LABA) Division.
 
      This symposium will focus on the integration of laboratory systems /
automation with chemistry and specifically combinatorial chemistry.
Combinatorial chemistry is one of the most highly automated areas in modern
chemistry. In many cases both the synthesis and analysis can be almost
completely automated. But the problems facing the chemist are how to set up
and run the machinery and how to collect, collate and analyze the resultant
data. These are becoming critical business problems as the machinery and
techniques used in combinatorial chemistry become more widely available.
 
      Papers are invited that cover all aspects of designing, planning,
performing, analyzing, reporting and archiving all of this data. Topics
include (but not limited to):
 
            *     How can informatics streamline the design and execution of
automated combinatorial chemistry experiments
            *     Planning for fully automated chemistry experiments
            *     Overlap between cheminformatics and LIMS systems
 
      The format will be 30 minute oral presentations (this includes
question time).
 
      To submit an abstract, please go to
http://oasys.acs.org/acs/225nm/cinf/papers/index.cgi
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/225nm/cinf/papers/index.cgi>  and select the
Combinatorial Chemistry and Lab Automation symposium. Anyone without web
access who wishes to submit an abstract can contact me.
 
      I look forward to reviewing submissions to this symposium. The
abstract submission deadline is Nov. 28. Please contact me if you have any
questions on this symposium.
 
      Thanks and I look forward to an exciting and rewarding symposium,
 
      David
 
______________________________
David A. Evans Ph.D.
Product Marketing
MDL Information Systems Inc.
Tel: +1 510-357-2222 ext 1145
Email: [email-masked]
www.mdl.com
 
Powering the Process of Invention(tm)