Subject: G98 error: Inconsistency in MakNEB??

From: "Ronald R. Sauers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 15:20:47 -0400

Dear Folks:

I got an error message that I don't understand when attempting to
optimize the geometry of a conformer of an HBr:acetylene complex by a
method that worked for the original structure.  The molecule in question
has high symmetry:  Full point group = CS, Largest Abelian subgroup =
CS, and Largest Consise Abelian subgroup = CS.

The message was "Inconsistency #2 in MakNEB".

Can anyone tell me what this refers to and suggest a fix?

Thanks,

RRSauers

--

************************************************************************

Ronald R. Sauers                                732-445-2626 (office)
Professor Emeritus of Chemistry                 732-445-2618 (dept)
Department of Chemistry                         732-445-5312 (FAX)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
610 Taylor Road
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854-8087 USA

E-mail:[email-masked]

************************************************************************